Reporting a Complaint or Violation

Call In Your Issue
If you have a genuine concern for the safety of your place of residence, or any other building or property, you can call the Building Department at 518-382-5050 and lodge a complaint or concern. We take every concern seriously and evaluate them.

We encourage anyone with a genuine life safety, general health, or welfare issue, to call the office and communicate that to us. We encourage the name and address of the person calling, but it is not necessary to do so to file a complaint. We can keep complaints anonymous for the protection of the person calling in.

It is important to note that not all complaints can be addressed by the building department, but we would be happy to direct those outside our scope of activity to the appropriate department for investigation.