The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) consists of 5 titles:
- Title I of the act prohibits discrimination against persons with disabilities in employment.
- Title II prohibits discrimination by state and local governments and requires that they ensure all facilities, services and information provided are accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Title III provides for nondiscrimination against persons with disabilities in public accommodations.
- Title IV of the acts bans discrimination in telecommunications.
- Title V contains miscellaneous provisions clarifying ADA's relationship to other laws and addressing such issues as health insurance.
Enforcement of the ADA is the responsibility of the U.S. Department of Justice. The City of Schenectady is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities have access to City services, programs, activities and facilities. Any person believing that such access is not available in Schenectady should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator Carl Falotico